The Marriage Project

Anyone want to join me on a little project? No, I’m not going to ask you to come help us lay sod at our house (unless, of course you want to… then we’re working next Wednesday!), but instead to do a little marriage building project.

I just got the book “The Marriage Project” by Kathi Lipp. Basically, the book takes you through 21 days of “projects” that will help bring intimacy, laughter and love into your marriage. Sounds like fun, right? I thought so.

Anyway, one of the first things Kathi asks you to do in the book is recruit another couple or two to do it with you… so I’m asking you.

What does it involve? Well, I haven’t read the whole book, but I know it involves lots of back massages, romantic outings and, er, even a little sex (which Kathi calls a “bonus project”). It also involves prayer, thought and consideration. Hard work, but hey, if it means a better marriage, it’ll be worth it.

So, let me know if you’re in! Then pick up a copy of the book and we can get started.

1. Well I would be in, but I don't have a husband. So I guess I'll have to come help you lay sod…

2. Hi Erin! Thanks for the kind words on my blog today! I heard The Marriage Project is AWESOME!

3. Count dad and me in. I will order a copy of the book today

4. I'm (or we're) into joining you! I've been on a marriage reading kick, just read The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by Gottman. My hubs and I liked the quizes that we would give each other to help keep connecting. Excited to move onto this new book you suggest!

5. Yay!! I'm glad Ellen and Jessica are in!! Rebecca & Greg, Stevi & Troy and Bryan & Anna are all in, too, so we have SEVEN couples doing it!!! I'll send out a follow up post shortly… so get those books ordered!

6. This sounds a lot like The Love Dare! Have you heard of it? Hubby and I did it last year and it was AWESOME. Good luck!!

7. Erin,

I just held this very book in my hands last week while perusing the Christian book store. It has such a catchy cover too!
    I was disappointed because the author is going to be teaching an author/marketing CLASS in my area in August. I would have LOVED to have gone, but I will be driving my daughter to college. Dagnabbit.