WARNING #2: This is much more delicious than it looks in the picture. In the pic, it looks like slop. I guess that’s because in real life it looks like slop. But it doesn’t taste like slop. Pinky swear. Guinness Mac & Cheese
1 lb. pasta (choose thick pasta like shells or wagon wheels)
1/4 cup, plus two tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp Tabasco
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp dry mustard
1 cup Guinness beer
1 cup milk
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Panko
1 handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped.
1. Cook pasta according to directions, strain.
2. In large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add Tabasco, mustard and Worcestershire. Stir well.
5. Slowly whisk in flour until mixture thickens.
6. Slowly whisk in beer and milk, until you have a thick sauce.
7. Melt in cheese.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Toss cheese sauce with the pasta. Pour into large baking dish.
10. Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter and mix with Panko and parsley.
11. Sprinkle Panko/parsley mixture on top of pasta.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.