Curried Salmon & Rice
1 lb. fresh salmon fillets
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. curry powder
2 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked basmati rice
1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup roasted and salted cashews
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix ginger, garam masala, coriander, tumeric, and curry powder together in a small bowl. Divide spice mixture in half. Rub half onto the salmon, set the other half aside.
3. Bake salmon for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
4. While water is cooking, bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add basmati rice, wild rice, remaining seasoning mixture, carrot and salt.
5. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
6. Stir in cashews and parsley.