So, you may have noticed that I didn’t post yesterday. I have no excuse. I just didn’t get it done. BUT, since it’s been so long since my last post, I decided to post this week’s recipe a day early. So here you go:
I love this recipe because I can make it in the morning (or even the night before) and then pop it in the oven at dinnertime and not have to cook dinner at all!
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
10 small red potatoes, sliced into wedges
1 bag baby carrots
1 jar (8 oz) Kalamata olives, pitted and drained
4 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (6 oz.) container feta cheese
crusty bread (because really, you need it to dip in the sauce)
1. Cut chicken breasts into quarters and spread chicken on bottom of 9X13 pan.
2. Spread potatoes, olives and carrots over the chicken.
3. Sprinkle garlic and oregano over chicken mixture.
4. Slice lemons into quarters. Squeeze juice all over the chicken mixture then drop used rind on top.
5. Carefully stir mixture up.
6. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for an hour (or until chicken and potatoes are cooked)
7. Stir in feta cheese.
8. Serve warm (and dip crusty bread in the sauce!)