I know being pregnant is a blessing. Really, I do. It’s an incredible privilege to carry this tiny baby in my womb for nine months, his every kick a reminder of his growth and spirit and of this gift.
But that aside, I hate it. Pregnancy sucks. And since I’m in a wallowing mood today, I’m not going to sit here and tell you that I’m feeling all blessed and sentimental when I’m really feeling pretty bitter that I still have four more months to go. So allow me to wallow for a bit. (I promise, I’ll cut the complaining next week… or at least in May once my sweet little boy decides to make his debut.)
8 Reasons I’m Hating This Pregnancy Right Now:
1. I’m already huge. I weigh more right now than I did when my daughter was born which doesn’t bode well for the next four months. I’d like to think that all this sudden weight gain is water weight, but I’m guessing the box of doughnut holes I picked up at Krispy Kreme the other day might be a contributing factor.
2. I already have to pee every 12 minutes or so. Which, again, doesn’t bode well for the next four months.
3. I’m sick of my maternity clothes already–and I just started having to wear them 3 weeks ago. I guess this is what happens when you’ve already worn them through 2 pregnancies.
4. I’m starving– but I only crave things with sour cream. (And, since I’m in a confessing mood, the sour-cream-on-a-spoon snacks I’ve been having may have something to do with #1 as well.)
5. I haven’t even thought about baby names, assembling the crib or pulling those long-stored boxes of boy baby clothes out of the attic and washing them. This seems reasonable to me, but two of my close friends are due when I am and they’ve already chosen names, bought cribs, registered, done everything. I feel like a slacker.
6. I just found out that my crib has been recalled and my infant seat is expired. And here I thought I was going to be able to skate through without buying any new baby gear this time.
7. The mere smell of coffee has made me sick for five months now. That means five months without a caffiene fix. I miss my cafe lattes!
8. My maternity pants feel tight (see #1). Ouch!
Question for you: What do you loathe about pregnancy? (Or if you’re one of those chipper gals who actually likes pregnancy, tell me what you like, but don’t expect me to get all gushy with you about it.)