Maternity Lingerie: Yay or Nay?

Okay, so this is probably the most random thing I’ve ever posted about… but, since I mention it in my book and at least four women have asked me about it, I figured why not.

Here’s the deal: Back when I worked for Nick, one of the publicists I worked with sent me a big ‘ole box full of maternity lingerie (from Cake Lingerie, if you must know). Yes, they make it. And, yes, I have several pieces to prove it.

Anyway, the stuff is gorgeous.  Silky and sweet and pretty and… well, everything lingerie should be.  And, before I was pregnant, I loved it.  I thought my husband would, too.

But here’s the thing:  Now that I AM pregnant, I’m finding it more hilarious than sexy.  I mean, really, what’s more hilarious than a big ‘ole belly sticking out from a pink flowery baby doll?  I’m having a hard time getting past that…

So, anyway, tell me what you think?  Is maternity lingerie a DO or a DON’T.  Tell me in the comments…

P.S.  That is NOT me in the photo… I wish.

1. I imagine that’s got to be a day-by-day kind of call. On some days of pregnancy I could imagine wanting to go with that kind of look… and other days, it would definitely be more silly than anything else. I can say that something that makes a pregnant mom feel good about herself, her life, and especially her body is a win. Period.

Glad you like the new blog look! Nice to hear from you!!

2. I’m a fan of anything that can help me feel more sexy for my husband, especially when I’m pregnant. My pre-pregnancy lingerie definitely looks silly on me when I’m pregnant, lol.

Cute blog :)

3. I think it’s a definite yes when it comes to wanting to induce labor…seriously, you already feel kinda silly knowing that you’re just having sex to get the baby out so why not add some lingerie to the mix?

4. I say go for it! 😉

I think women are at their most feminine looking when pregnant and feeling girly at that time sounds like a win-win in my books!

Jamie

5. Hmmm. Something to think about. I’m interested in what others think too.

6. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

7. It wasn’t for me, but then again I’m Nora huge lingerie person… why put something on just to take it off? 😉 I think it’s cute though, the pregnancy lingerie. I never felt as sexy as I did pregnant, at least til the last month. I think that was mainly due to my sweet husband telling me he thought I was so hot, growing our baby. Anyway… I say if it makes you happy, wear away!

• Ack, autocorrect… that should’ve read, “NOT A fan,” instead of, “Nora fan.” Haha!

• I get better and better… I’m all jacked up on cold medicine and lack of sleep. “Not a huge lingerie person,” THERE! :)

8. Really like the modern design. I were pleased with the information. Appreciation for this remarkable blog post.

9. I love the idea. who says pregnancy isn’t sexy? i think it’s a great time in your life and mine too…guess what?!?!?

I AM PREGNANT! Thanks for the prayers because they worked girl!

And thanks for writing on my website. I do make tutu’s and wipe cases for children not just doggies ya know 😉 and i may have to try some of this sexy maternity lingerie. i have a VS addiction after all. i have their VIP angel card, only took a month to go VIP haha.

Enjoy your pregnancy. I know I will mine.

Pray for me at work because I am having lots of trouble with some of my coworkers. They are pretty low moral and low standard people and as a Christian they just really BUG me.

10. I don’t wear lingerie too much myself, even though I have loads of it from my girlfriends who went on a shopping spree for my bachelorette party. Ha! Honestly, I am not sure if I would wear if while I was pregnant because I have such a hard time keeping a straight face even now. BUT, to each her own. Go with what feels right!

11. Excellent blog by the way . Very Nice Lay out and design . Very good execution on this on mate .

12. Your looking for a nice time to relax i say check out the beach and get a nice breeze .

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Maternity Clothes: Pittsburgh Penguins Women's Logo Premier Too Maternity Long Sleeve T-Shirt - [...] Maternity Lingerie: Yay or Nay? | Christian Mamas Guide [...]