Prayer: Lord, fill my house with your love this holiday season. Help my kids to know that the joy and hope of this season are because of you and your unfailing, unmoving and amazing love. Amen.
Readings and Bible Stories:
Luke 2: 1-21 (The Birth of Jesus)
Crafts & Activities:
– Celebrate Advent. Light candles every Sunday night in December and read from the scripture, sing songs and pray that God’s love would truly shine this Christmas.
– Spread Christmas cheer! Make a pot of spiced cider or Chai tea and then bring a thermos to your neighbors and share it under the Christmas tree.
– Make and decorate heart-shaped cookies. While you’re decorating, talk about all the ways God shows his love for us.
– Call distant relatives—aunts, uncles, grandparents—and let them know how much you love them.
– How do we know God loves us this season?
– How can we show our love to others during the holidays?
– What is the best gift you’ve ever received? When you got it, did you feel loved?
Away in a Manger
Away in a manger, no crib for His bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head;
The stars in the heavens looked down where He lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.
Silent night, holy night,
All is calm, all is bright,
Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child,
Holy Infant so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.