1 bag frozen corn
1 carton grape tomatoes
1 bunch fresh basil
2 ripe avocados
1 bunch fresh cilantro
shredded Tillamook (That’s Oregonian for cheese)
1 lb chicken, pan-fried or grilled
1 jar of salsa
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook. Set aside half (for the kids who say everything is “too spicy”) and pour 1/2 cup salsa over the remaining. Stir in then set aside.
2. While chicken is cooking, pour frozen corn into a large bowl. (This is for corn salad)
3. Quarter the grape tomatoes and put half of them into the bowl with the corn
4. Put the other half of the tomatoes into a separate large bowl. (This is for basic guacamole)
5. Halve the avocados and scoop the insides out into the bowl with the quartered tomatoes.
6. Finely chop the basil and cilantro and add to both the corn salad and the guacamole, reserving some extra cilantro aside for a taco topper.
7. Mash the guacamole, then season both the guacamole and the corn salad with salt, pepper and lime juice.
8. Let your kids build their own taco kits by layering chicken (either with or without salsa), corn salad, guacamole, cheddar cheese and cilantro onto corn tortillas.