(Reposting this from last year with photos)
My kids love Jello. I hate it. Okay, who am I kidding? I love the stuff… it’s all jiggly and wiggly and delicious. But I hate the fact that its completely PACKED full of sugar and artificial color and artificial sweeteners and all sorts of stuff with absolutely zero nutritive value. So I never make it for my kids…
But, since my kids were begging, I decided to create healthy Jello salad… and after a few trials and errors, we had success! So, here it is… my completely artificial-coloring-free, sugar-free, artificial-sweetener-free, all-natural Jello salad recipe
* 1 personal-sized seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
* 1 1/2 cups juice (100% juice white grape, apple, cranberry or grape)
* 2 packages Knox gelatine
* 1 1/2 cups fresh fruit, cut into chunks (I used peaches, plums, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
1. Fill your blender with watermelon chunks (about 4 cups, loosely packed). Blend 1 minute until you have a thick liquid.
2. Strain juice into a small saucepan (you’ll have about 2 cups of juice). (Throw away the pulp)
4. Heat watermelon mixture over medium heat for about 5 minutes until gelatine is dissolved.
5. Stir in juice. Pour half of the mixture into a small 9X9 glass pan and put in the fridge for 90 mins. Leave remaining mixture on the counter at room temp.
6. Take out of fridge, sprinkle with fresh fruit, then cover with the remaining watermelon mixture.
7. Put it back in fridge and let it set 2-3 hours or overnight.
That’s it… your kids will LOVE it.