After Monday’s pie incident (a.k.a. I had to take a break from work to make a pie see here), I still had TONS of peaches left over. And while my kids were downing them at the rate of 10 per day, I realized that I had to do something else. So, I made freezer jam. It was so easy! We had it on biscuits this morning and I froze 8 bags to eat throughout the winter. Yum.
– 3 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (this is why it’s only 5 minutes-ish… peeling peaches takes some time.. but once it’s done, you’re home free)
– 3 cups sugar
– 1 box pectin (I used SureJel)
– 8 quart-sized Ziplock bags
1. Use a potato masher to crush peaches into a chunky mash.
2. Add sugar. Stir well.
3. Put 1 cup water and package of pectin into a saucepan. Heat for 1 minute until pectin is dissolved.
4. Slowly stir hot pectin into peaches. Stir 1-2 minutes until well blended. Leave sitting on the counter until cool.
5. Spoon into ziplock bags and leave on counter overnight to set.
6. Store jam in freezer until you want to use it. It will defrost in less than 20 minutes on the counter!