This week, we’re having Mad Scientist week. Scroll down to learn how to make Fizzy Color Art then click over to find out what other awesome mad science projects we’ve done this week.
What you need (for each kid):
- 1 box of baking soda
- 1 medicine dropper (I asked the pharmacist at Target and he gave them to me for free)
- white vinegar
- gel food coloring
- 1 9X13 pan or tray with edges
- 2-4 small plastic or glass cups
What to do:
- Pour baking soda into the pan or tray.
- Have your kid fill each cup about halfway with vinegar.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each cup, stir.
- Help your kid fill the medicine dropper with colored vinegar (It may take a few tries to get the hang of it)
- Slowly squirt the colored vinegar onto the tray.
What’s Your Kid Learning About?
- chemical reactions (explain that vinegar and baking soda both contain chemicals that react to each other)
Tweet it! It’s fizzy! It’s bright! It’s superfun! We had so much fun making fizzy color art. Here’s how. http://bit.ly/13kUwRL Click to Tweet