Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having Mad Scientist week. Scroll down to learn how to make Glowing Fairy Jars then click over to find out what other awesome mad science projects we’ve done this week.
We had so much fun making these jars! And my kids slept with their fairy jars sitting bedside and were so excited to have them as “special night lights.”
What you need:
- 1 glass jar with a lid for each child
- 1 small piece of tulle ribbon (if you don’t have any, use regular ribbon, fabric or paper)
- 3-4 glow sticks (I get mine at Target in the $1 spot)
What to do:
- Crack the glow sticks so they glow.
- Take the lids off of the jars and then carefully put half of the tulle into the jar.
- Have an adult put the end of the glow stick into the jar (otherwise it might drip) and carefully snip the end.
- Then, let your kids shake the glow stick until all of the glow chemicals come out.
- Repeat with 1-2 sticks, then add the rest of the tulle to the jar.
- Repeat with 1-2 more sticks of different colors until there is glow chemicals all over your tulle.
- Screw on the lid.
- Go into a dark room and watch your glowing fairies light up the room.
Tweet it! Zazz up your late summer night… with sparkling fairies! Here’s how to make a glowing fairy jar. http://bit.ly/19I9EfA Click to Tweet