Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having Mad Scientist week. Scroll down to learn how to make Sparkling Mixed-Up Monster Goo then click over to find out what other awesome mad science projects we’ve done this week.
Warning: We got really, really messy with this one! So make sure you put down some newspaper. That said, we had tons of fun with this and even my two-year-old spent a good hour playing with his goo.
What you need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- glitter (lots)
- gel food coloring
What to do:
- Mix flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add water and vegetable oil. Stir. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Put mixture on stove over medium heat and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Mixture will still be lumpy.
- Turn out onto a piece of parchment paper or your counter and knead until smooth.
- Break dough into small balls and give your kids each 2-3 balls. Have them smash the balls down and drizzle a few drops of color onto each ball. Let your kids knead and mix as the goo turns color. (This is where it gets messy!)
- Then, do the same thing but add glitter. Again, let your kids knead and mix until glitter is dispersed.
- Bust out plastic spoons, forks and knives, as well as cookie cutters, bowls and other utensils and let your kids play.
Make sparkling monster mix-up goo as part of the Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic summer. http://bit.ly/13EZ1pf Click to Tweet