Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having Mad Scientist week. Scroll down to learn how to make Shake-It-Up Sorbet then click over to find out what other awesome mad science projects we’ve done this week.
We ended up making more “slushies” than “sorbet” because my kids got tired of waiting and shaking (they lasted about 5 minutes) but they were still delicious.
What you need:
- 2 cups Juice (we used “fruit punch” but any juice will work)
- 5 cups ice
- 1 large Ziplock bag
- 1 small Ziplock bag
- 1/2 cup rock salt
What to do:
- Pour the juice into the small ziplock bag.
- Seal it tight.
- Put the small bag inside of the large bag.
- Fill the large bag with ice and salt.
- Shake, spin, swirl and wiggle with the bag for 10-15 minutes.
- Pull out the small bag, rinse, remove your sorbet (or slushy) and serve.