Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having Rainbow Week. Scroll down to learn how to make rainbow ribbon windsocks and then click here to find out what other awesome rainbow activities we’ve done this week.
What you need:
- 1 “ring”– I used rings I got from the craft store for $1.17 each but a bracelet, embroidery hoop or any other ring you can find will work.
- 5-10 spools of ribbon (I got mine for less than $1/spool at the craft store.)
What to do:
- Cut the ribbon into 3-foot long lengths.
- Have your kid fold the ribbon in half.
- Teach your kid how to loop the ribbon around the hoop so the strings hang. (My five-year-old and seven-year-old could do it easily with a little guidance, my two-year-old needed help. I had him choose the colors, fold them in half and make the loop and then I wrapped the ends through.)
- When you’re done, tie an extra piece of ribbon at the top for hanging.
- Hang it off of your kid’s window or outside on your patio.
Make a sunny colorful windsock out of ribbon with your kids. Find out how. http://wp.me/p33YCp-ql Click to Tweet