Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having Alphabet Week. Scroll down to learn how to make glow letters and then click here to find out what other awesome letter-loving activities we’ve done this week.
This activity is supersimple but my kids love it so much that I had to include it. We spent more than an hour playing glow letters last week… what a fun way to spend a hot afternoon!
What You Need:
- 10-25 Glow sticks (get them in the $1 section at both WalMart or Target)
- A dark room
What to Do:
- Go into a dark room with your kids.
- Crack the sticks and watch them come to life.
- Then give your kids a series of letter tasks with the sticks, depending on their age:
- For little kids, have them try to make a square, a circle, a line, a rectangle (making shapes is a skill they need to learn to write!)
- For preschoolers, call out letters that they know and see if they can make them. Move up to having them write their name.
- For bigger kids, call out vocab words and spelling words and have them write them.
Use glow sticks as a summer spelling lesson for your kids. Find out how. http://wp.me/p33YCp-rn Click to Tweet.