Welcome to Pin-Tastic Summer Week 4. If you’re just joining us, please click over to read the Pin-Tastic Summer intro post and then join us for some summer fun.
This week’s theme is:
This weeks activities include:
* Monday: The Ultimate Summer Music-athon
* Tuesday: I See a Song Art
* Wednesday: Dancing Ribbon Rings
* Thursday: Bubble Disco
* Friday: Box Guitars
MusicWeek Shopping List
If you’d like to prepare ahead so you have all components on hand, here’s this week’s shopping list.
The Ultimate Summer Music-Athon
- Something to play music (an iPod, iPad, iPhone, computer, etc.)
- The Songza app (free)– You can technically use Spotify or Pandora but I like Songza a lot so I figure I’ll promote it.
I See a Song Art
- Heavyweight write paper
- glue sticks
- old magazines
- mod podge
- Optional: the book “I See a Song” by Eric Carle if you can find it. (I heard it at story time once and loved it but now have realized it’s a collectors item and hard to get… so we can do the art without it but it would be extra fun if you had it.)
Dancing Ribbon Rings
- 2-3 spools of ribbon
- 2 bracelets
- room to dance
- a box lid (we used those cardboard ends from an iPad box which worked great but you can use any shoebox lid or something like it.)
- Rubber bands
- Decorations- stickers, glitter glue, etc.
It’s Music Week on Christian Mama’s Guide. Click over to get five fun, easy and educational music-centered activities http://wp.me/p33YCp-rT Click to Tweet