Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having 4th of July week. Scroll down to learn how to make Fourth of July Pinwheels and then click here to find out what other awesome musical activities we’ve done this week.
My kids thought we needed to give you a fun treat for the 4th of July so we made this peach lemonade. It was delicious… enjoy!
What you need:
- 10-12 lemons
- 4 peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans ginger ale
What to do:
- Put water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and allow sugar to dissolve. Set aside.
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- Mix juice, 4 cups water and about half of the sugar syrup. Taste. Add more sugar syrup until lemonade is sweet-tart.
- Slice the peaces.
- Put half of the peach slices in the food processor and process until smooth. I leave the skins on as it makes the lemonade colorful but peel them if you want your lemonade to be smooth.
- Add peach puree to lemonade. Stir well.
- Add the remaining peach slices and ice.
- Pour in ginger ale right before serving.
Make this gingery, sparkling homemade peach lemonade to celebrate the 4th of July. #summerrecipes http://wp.me/p33YCp-t8 Click to Tweet