Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having math week. Scroll down to learn how to make personalized pots and then click here to find out what other awesome math activities we’ve done this week.
I’ve already confessed that I’m really good at killing plants. So I loved this way to help kids (and me!) determine exactly what a plant needs.
What you need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Waterproof acrylic paint
- Planting label information from your plants (we saved our labels from yesterday’s project).
What to do:
- Have your kids paint the sticks using the acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Use a sharpie to draw the following symbols on your sticks:
- A sun for full-sun
- A cloud for full-shade
- A sun behind a cloud for partial sun
- A drop of water for water every day
- Two drops of water for every other day
- Three drops of water for plants that need water infrequently.
Put the sticks in your plants and use them the track their care!
Tweet it: Are you a plant-killer like me? Keep track of watering with this fun sun stick craft. http://wp.me/p33YCp-uU Click to Tweet