Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having math week. Scroll down to learn how to make peach freezer jam and then click here to find out what other awesome math activities we’ve done this week.
Note: Did you notice that I just kinda quit blogging for a week there? Yeah. I did. Let’s just say I had a meltdown at work paired with a really busy week and I just stopped. But I’m back. And I’m going to finish out the Pintastic Summer. This week I’m going to finish Garden Week and next week will be week 8. Thanks for being so understanding.
What you need:
- Peaches. From your tree, from the store, from the roadside stand. You’ll need about 4 cups so that’s about 8 peaches.
- 1 1/3 cup sugar or Splenda (I use sugar)
- 4 tbsp pectin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
What to do:
- Peel and cube the peaches
- Use a potato masher to mash them up.
- Add sugar, lemon and pectin
- Stir well.
- Let sit for 1-2 hours
- Spoon into ziplock bags and freeze.
- Take out 2-3 hours before you want to use. Will store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.