Welcome to The Christian Mama’s Guide Pin-Tastic Summer! If you’re just joining us, click over to our intro post to find out what we’re doing and to see what other crafts, activities and projects we’ve done.
This week, we’re having math week. Scroll down to learn how to make Garden Tomato Salad and then click here to find out what other awesome math activities we’ve done this week.
I know this looks like a bunch of vegetables but my kids LOVE it. Oh, and I love it, too. It’s one of my favorite salads.
What you need:
- 2 cups tomatoes (we use a mix of yellow, red and orange from our garden)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 handful torn basil (again, from the garden)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup Arugala
- blue cheese
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Cut veggies into large chunks. Add to bowl. Stir in blue cheese.
- Mix sesame oil, vinegar and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Toss and eat immediately.