Hi guys! Hope your weekend was fantastic! Ours was full of… crafting. And eating and cooking and baking and family and friends. I just love this season and it’s so wonderful to celebrate with the people we love.
Anyway, I realize now that I probably should’ve featured this craft on December 1st instead of December 9th, but I didn’t get it done. So just tuck it away for next year or make it now and let your kids open nine drawers at once… either way, I’m sure they’ll love it. My kids have LOVED this one… they made the box themselves and then filled the drawers themselves… I don’t even know what we’ll find every time we open them. Today it was a Lego guy (I think Joey might want a Lego Advent Calendar) and the day before I got a handmade ornament from Kate. Always fun!
- An empty 25-drawer box (I got mine on Amazon)
- Acrylic paint
- Stickers with the numbers 1-25 (optional)
What to do:
- Pour paint onto a paper plate
- Pour glitter onto a separate paper plate
- Remove the drawers from the box
- Have your kids dip the drawers into various colors of paint (mine started with solids but eventually started to mix to make things like dots and stripes)
- Have them dip some boxes in glitter
- Let dry
- Load the boxes and fill them with whatever you want… candy, notes, scripture, Lego guys.