This bread totally reminds me of Christmases when I was a kid. My grandma always made a few loaves of it and we had it at tea time with spicy Good Earth tea. And so that’s how my kids and I shared it yesterday… and it was so delicious.
What you need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- zest from 1 orange
- juice from 2 oranges (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
What to do:
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Whisk together egg, orange juice and zest.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Fold in melted butter and cranberries.
- Pour into a buttered loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
- Slice and eat warm with hot tea.